Friday, November 23, 2012

Cigar Mile Handicap Entries: Groupie Doll bids for Horse of the Year

The spectacular filly Groupie Doll has already sewn up the Eclipse award champion female sprinter of 2012. On Saturday, she will stake her claim to Horse of the Year honors when she takes on six talented colts in the $350,000 Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct.

Trained by Buff Bradley, Groupie Doll brings a five-race winning streak into the Cigar Mile, which includes blowout wins in the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint (gr. I), Humana Distaff (gr. I), and Vinery Madison Stakes (gr. I). Regular rider Rajiv Maragh will be aboard.

Her primary opposition is expected to come from Stay Thirsty, beaten a head in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) last time out; Hymn Book, winner of the Donn Handicap (gr. I) back in February; Jersey Town, winner of this race in 2010; and Coil, winner of the Santa Anita Sprint Championship (gr. I) two starts back.

Post Positions:
1 Stay Thirsty
2 Associate
3 Buffum
4 Jersey Town
5 Hymn Book
6 Coil
7 Groupie Doll

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment