Saturday, June 12, 2010

CHURCHILL DOWNS UPDATE 2

Gleam of Hope is the official winner! With a desperate late run, he closed off of slow fractions to defeat Physic Income by a half length. Asphalt finished third, followed by Our Douglas.

Guys Reward made a strong move to reach contention at the top of the stretch, but I don't think he had any running room. I believe he finished sixth.

What an exciting race! It was also the first Churchill Downs Stakes win for jockey E. T. Baird.

In the meantime, we are now only twelve minutes away from the eighth race, the Northern Dancer Stakes. Right this second, Prince Will I Am is the favorite at 8-5. Colizeo is the second choice at 2-1, and Worldy is 4-1. Crider is 9-2, Vow to Wager 11-1, and Max Silverhammer is 12-1.

It should be a good race. I would not be surprised at all if a grade I winner comes from this race. It's that solid.

I'll be back in a minute with my picks. . .

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment