Saturday, July 31, 2010

DIANA HANDICAP ANALYSIS

Today, one of my favorite mares tries to win a prestigous race for the third straight year.

No, I'm not talking about Zenyatta. I am talking about Forever Together.

In the ninth race at Saratoga, the grade I Diana Handicap, the 2008 Champion turf female Forever Together takes on a solid field of turf fillies that includes Proviso, who beat males in the Frank E. Kilroe Mile earlier this year.

However, Shared Account, at 8-1 on the morning line, can pull off the upset. She comes off of a sharp win over Dynaslew in the All Along, and finished a fast closing fourth to Rainbow View in the Gallorette Handicap two starts back. She is grade I placed and should come flying late.

That said, here are my picks. . .

1 Shared Account
2 Forever Together
3 Proviso
4 Phola
5 Maram
6 My Princess Jess
7 Dynaslew

I believe that Shared Account is sitting on a huge race and will be right there in the stretch. Forever Together should close well, but I just can't see her getting up in time. I'm a little worried about Proviso getting the distance, but we'll see what happens.

It's going to be a great race!

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment