Saturday, July 03, 2010

SALVATOR MILE UPDATE

Having just watched the United Nations, I now turn to the supporting stakes race on the card, the Salvator Mile.

The race is one mile in distance (as the name implies) and has drawn a field of only five horses, but they are five good horses.

Here are the current odds. . .

1 Munnings 9-5
2 Le Grand Cru 2-1
3 You and I Forever 5-1
4 Duke of Mischief 9-5
5 Gone Astray 5-1

It's a very evenly matched field. Munnings was a very fine three year old sprinter but hasn't been quite as good this year. Le Grand Cru won at this distance in the Westchester Handicap two starts back, most recently finishing fifth to Quality Road in the Met Mile. You and I Forever won a one turn mile stakes race at Gulfstream Park (I don't remember the name right off the top of my head) but was a disappointing last in the Met Mile. Duke of Mischief has shown fine form in the past (he won the Oaklawn Handicap earlier this year) but comes off of a poor showing in the Stephen Foster. And finally, Gone Astray has been running very well lately, but hasn't won since the grade II Ohio Derby in October last year.

So it's a race for redemption.

On my last post, I listed these horses as my picks. . .

1 Munnings
2 You and I Forever
3 Duke of Mischief
4 Le Grand Cru
5 Gone Astray

But I have since updated my picks to these. . .

1 Gone Astray
2 Duke of Mischief
3 You and I Foreve
4 Le Grand Cru
5 Munnings

I just have this feeling that Gone Astray is sitting on a huge race, and that Munnings is not.

It's now only one minute to post time! Here are the updated odds. . .

1 Munnings 6-5
2 Le Grand Cru 3-1
3 You and I Forever 9-1
4 Duke of Mischief 2-1
5 Gone Astray 5-1

It's post time! The horses are loading into the starting gate! Munnings is now 4-5!

Who will win. . .?

No comments:

Post a Comment