Saturday, July 17, 2010

PADDY O'PRADO WINS THE VIRGINIA DERBY!

Paddy O'Prado came through with another dominant win in the Virginia Derby, bursting past Two Notch Road and holding Interactif safe to win by just under two lengths.

Held as many as twelve lengths off the lead by jockey Kent Desormeaux, the gray colt skirted through on the rail to win his third graded stakes victory.

Interactif ran extremely well to finish second in his first turf start since last February, with the promising Krypton coming home third. Two Notch Road finished fourth.

I am not positive who finished fifth, sixth, and seventh, but I believe that Stately Victor finished sixth.

I am very excited right now, as Paddy O'Prado's win means that I picked the winners of the five stakes races at Colonial Downs today, including 19-1 Winslet!

-Keelerman

3 comments:

  1. Paddy O'Prado looked really sharp today, although I was very surprised to see him so far back. He is a major threat for the turf male Eclipse award.

    Do you know where he is heading next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. R.;

    I believe that the Secretariat Stakes is next for Paddy O'Prado.

    -Keelerman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with JR--he's a definite threat for the Eclipse award for turf male.

    ReplyDelete