Sunday, May 23, 2010

TRIPLE CROWN UPDATE --- MAY 23rd

Yes, I know that I just posted here yesterday, but several things have happened since then, and I need to mention a couple of other races that I forgot to discuss yesterday.

I'll begin with my first "Breeders' Cup Update". Although my blog is entitled "Keelerman's Triple Crown Countdown", I'm going to have to switch over to discussing the Breeders' Cup in a few weeks, since the Triple Crown will soon be over. So anyway. . .

Goldikova, winner of the last two runnings of the Breeders' Cup Mile, made a successful return to the races in the nine furlong fifty-five yard group I Prix d'Ispahan at Longchamp in France.

Although the distance was a bit long for her, the five year old mare came through with a half length victory in stakes record time. According to her trainer, she will run in the Queen Anne Stakes in June next.

Secondly, Tapitsfly, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies' Turf last year, recorded her first workout since then, breezing three furlongs in :38 4/5 at Churchill Downs.

And finally, here are my picks for the Spend a Buck Stakes at Monmouth Park. . .

1 Our Dark Knight
2 Ibboyee
3 Afleet Again
4 Nacho Friend
5 Allez Reef
6 Rule by Night
7 My Elusive Star
8 Medaglia's Express

. . . and the La Lorgnette Stakes at Woodbine. . .

1 Biofuel
2 Empire Song
3 Ernfold
4 Redverse
5 Moment of Majesty
6 Tee Game
7 Witch's Cove

And that is all. Enjoy the races!

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment