Thursday, October 04, 2012

Frizette Stakes Entries: Dreaming of Julia and My Happy Face square off

Dreaming of Julia, who has won her first two starts by a combined 26 3/4 lengths, and My Happy Face, who broke her maiden second time out by 21 1/4 lengths, are expected to be the favorites in the $400,000 Frizette Stakes (gr. I), to be held on Saturday at Belmont Park.

The one-mile race was won last year by My Miss Aurelia, who went on the claim the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and the Eclipse award as the champion of her division. Coincidentally, My Miss Aurelia is owned by Stonestreet Stables, which also owns Dreaming of Julia.

Sweet Shirley Mae and Nancy O, a pair of graded stakes-placed fillies, are other logical contenders.

PPHorseWeightJockeyTrainer
1Toasting120Eddie CastroThomas Albertrani
2My Happy Face120Ramon DominguezRudy Rodriguez
3Roveing Patrol120Frankie DettoriBen Cecil
4Carameaway120Irad Ortiz, Jr.Mitchell Friedman
5Sweet Shirley Mae120Joel RosarioWesley Ward
6Nancy O120David MoranCarolyn Costigan
7Dreaming of Julia120John VelazquezTodd Pletcher

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment