Monday, October 29, 2012

Royal Delta will contest Ladies' Classic

Last year's Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I) winner Royal Delta will aim for a repeat victory in that race on November 2nd at Santa Anita Park.

Coming off of a spectacular victory in the Beldame Invitational Stakes (gr. I), the four-year-old daughter of Empire Maker had been pre-entered in both the Ladies' Classic and the $5,000,000 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), the latter race being against males. However, after mulling over the decision for several days, the connections of Royal Delta announced that the Ladies' Classic would be her goal.

Trained by Bill Mott, Royal Delta will likely be favored in the Ladies' Classic, where she will face a pair of unbeaten Eclipse awards winners -- My Miss Aurelia and Awesome Feather -- in addition to grade I winners Questing, Include Me Out, My Miss Aurelia, and Grace Hall. Eight-time stakes winner Class Included completes the field.

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment