Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nonios will run in Breeders' Cup Classic

It was confirmed this morning that the talented three-year-old colt Nonios will pass on a start in the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park on November 3rd in favor of running in the more prestigious Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) later that day.

Trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by Green B. Smith Jr., the son of Awesome Again has finished first or second in six of his eight starts, including a victory in the Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) and runner-up efforts in the Haskell Invitational (gr. I) and Awesome Again Stakes (gr. I).

On October 24th, he signaled his readiness for the Breeders' Cup by breezing five furlongs in a bullet :59.80. His defection from the Dirt Mile leaves a field of eight or nine likely for the race, led by grade I winners Emcee, Shackleford, Jersey Town, and Rail Trip.

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment