Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Miss Aurelia breezes five furlongs; nearing return to races

Last year's Eclipse champion 2yo filly My Miss Aurelia turned in another strong workout in preparation for her return to racing, breezing five furlongs in 1:00 4/5 on July 22nd at Saratoga.

Trained by Steven Asmussen, the daughter of Smart Strike out of the Sea of Secrets mare My Miss Storm Cat earned her championship last year following impressive victories in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), Frizette Stakes (gr. I), and Adirondack Stakes (gr. II). Shortly thereafter, she went to the sidelines with a minor injury, but has been back in training for several months now and seems to be nearing a return to the races. Today's workout was her ninth since returning to training.

Owned by Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton, My Miss Aurelia could quite possibly run sometime during the Saratoga meet, and might even be ready for one of the major stakes races if all goes well.

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment