Saturday, May 05, 2012

2012 Kentucky Derby Update #10

It's about an hour until post time for the 2012 Kentucky Derby, and I must admit, I still don't know who to pick.

Yesterday, I posted my official list of selections, placing Take Charge Indy on top over Bodemeister, Union Rags, and Creative Cause. But now I've had a change of heart, and with the track obviously playing kindly toward speed horses, my pick at the moment is now Bodemeister. Also, Creative Cause -- a colt I have liked all year long -- is back in my top four. Who knows? By the time post time rolls around, he might be my top selection.

As for the Derby odds, Union Rags remains the favorite, as he has been since last night, but his odds have drifted up a bit from 9-2 to 5-1. Bodemeister, on the other hand, has dropped from 7-1 to 6-1. Gemologist is the third choice at 8-1, Take Charge Indy is 10-1, Dullahan and Creative Cause 11-1, and Daddy Nose Best 12-1. The longshots are Prospective and Liaison at 50-1.

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment