Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Miss Aurelia Returns to the Work Tab

My Miss Aurelia, the undefeated champion 2yo filly of 2011, breezed three furlongs on May 15th at the Vinery Stable training track in what was her first work since her victory in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) last fall.

Trained by Steven Asmussen and owned by Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton, My Miss Aurelia recorded a perfect 4-for-4 campaign as a juvenile, with victories in the Frizette Stakes (gr. I) and Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) among her other triumphs. Her efforts garnered her the Eclipse award as the champion of her division.

My Miss Aurelia breeze was timed in an easy :39 seconds flat, an excellent first-work back. The filly had been sidelined with a shin injury following her Breeders' Cup victory. Chances are excellent that she will be back to the races sometime during the next few months.

-Keelerman

No comments:

Post a Comment